How much do you actually know about our feet?
Our feet travel an average 115,000km in a lifetime – more than four times the circumference of the globe.
That’s not all…
A new footwear survey from ShopSmart, a Consumer Reports publication revealed some astonishing results as well as some better known facts! Polling over 1,000 women, the average woman reportedly owns 17 pairs of shoes with each pair costing around $49. Of her collection of shoes, only three pairs are in regular rotation. Does that sound like any of you? 😉
SO, what else did the interviews reveal?
• 39% of women prefer flats more than any other shoe (I belong here!)
• 46% have bought an ugly pair for comfort, while 60% endure pain for pretty shoes (yeah, sometimes…and i end up regretting it..)
• 48% have had shoe-related injuries (thankfully, no)
• 29% shop for shoes online (nope, due to my tofu, problematic feet)
• 14% have hidden at least one purchase from their spouse (haha, not feasible as our shoe housing is shared!)
• 51% notice the shoes others are wearing (who doesn’t? :P)
With the feet’s grounded responsibility of taking on our entire body weight and bringing us where our hearts and mind desire, do treat our feet to a little TLC as and when, if we can. Those tired muscles and tinkles need some prettying up too! Check out today’s deal at Groupon, the ultimate deal saver which gives you more for your buck, with up to 90% discounts!
It’s such a bargain, i’m so tempted to get this voucher too! Happy feet, happy me! 🙂
Source and credits:
Foot Facts (www.heelntoe.com.sg/footfacts)
Fascinating Shoe Facts ( http://sg.promotion.yahoo.com/weekend-edition/hype/post/hype/70/fascinating-shoe-facts.html)
Groupon SG (www.groupon.sg)